Zero emission vehicles (such as fully electric motorcycles, cars and vans) can be used in the ZEZ without incurring a daily charge. You do not need to apply for a discount or exemption if your vehicle is zero emission.
Apply at least 10 working days before you intend to use your discount in the zone to ensure it can be processed before you need to use it.
Discounts are available for:
- Blue Badge holders
- Disabled tax vehicles
- Selected low emission hybrid private hire and Hackney carriage vehicles
- Residents in the zero emission zone
- Health or care workers
- Community transport vehicles
- Businesses in the zero emission zone
- Students in financial hardship moving in or out of the zero emission zone
The best way to apply for a zero emission zone discount is online.
If you cannot apply online, call 0345 310 1111 (option 3).
The following vehicles are exempt from the daily charge:
- Hackney carriages licensed by Oxford City Council
- Registered local buses
- Emergency service vehicles
- Historic vehicles
- Military vehicles
- Agricultural and similar vehicles (includes tractors, mowing machines, steam-powered vehicles, snowploughs and gritters)
- Special vehicles (includes mobile cranes, pumping vehicles, digging machines, road rollers, and works trucks, e.g. forklift trucks)
- Certain recovery vehicles