History at the Museums Resources Centre
About the history collections at the Museums Resources Centre.
- home and domestic life, eating, drinking and cooking vessels and utensils, things to do with laundry and cleaning, furniture, clothing and costume, personal adornment, smoking, sport, hobbies, games and toys
- transport by cycle, horse, car and rail
- shops and shopping, retail and wholesale, grocers, butchers, bakers, drapers, haberdashers, department stores, electrical retailers, chemists
- hotels, restaurants and public houses
- industrial collections feature malting and brewing, blanket weaving, builders, carpenters, stonemasons and woodcarving crafts, as well a boat builders
- science and technology industries
- corporate life – schools and education as well as the military, the police and the fire service.
We have history collections from most towns and parishes in the county. To see some of these collections, go to the Heritage Search.
Information and visits
For more information and visits, please contact us.