A book club volunteer assists library staff with the planning and running of the groups which encourage children and young people to get together and talk about books they have read and discover new authors.
Book clubs are a fun way for children and young people to get together and talk about books they have read, discover new authors and join in fun activities.
- to assist library staff with the planning and running of the group and help with book-related activities.
- promoting reading and talking to children and young people about the books they have read
- raising awareness of books they might like to read and helping them with their book choices
- encouraging children and young people to join the library and make the best use of all the services it has to offer
Skills and abilities needed
- to enjoy working with people, especially with children
- to be enthusiastic about reading and be able to enthuse others
- to be able to work in a team with library staff and other volunteers
- to have good communication skills and be a good listener
- to be interested in children’s books and have a desire to learn more about the library’s stock so that you can help children choose suitable titles
- to be committed and punctual
You need to be 13-years-old or older to apply.
How to apply
We appreciate the support volunteers provide. If you are interested in applying, please fill in the online application form.
Select the library you would like to apply to: