Community Action Groups (CAG) Oxfordshire consists of over 80 groups across Oxfordshire who are at the forefront of community-led climate change action, organising events and projects to take action on issues including waste, transport, food, energy, biodiversity and social justice.
Started in 2001, the network is the largest of its kind in the UK, running over 4,000 events per year, attended by around 80,000 local residents and contributing over 50,000 volunteer hours to the county.
The CAG Project team provide free day-to-day support to the network members including:
- advice, expertise and mentoring to set up and maintain groups and develop projects, events and activities
- support to source insurance cover for network activities
- access to CAG funding for special projects
- help sourcing external funds for larger projects
- press, media and communications
- training, events and skill sharing
- signposting to other organisations and bodies for advice and partnership building
- working with local and national government
- access to a large bank of materials and resources
The project is funded by Oxfordshire County Council.