We have a vision ‘Thriving communities for everyone in Oxfordshire’ (pdf format, 5Mb) – a place where people want to live and work and be part of something different.
To achieve our vision, we will:
- listen to residents so we can continuously improve our services and provide value for money
- strive to give every child a good start in life, and protect everyone from abuse and neglect
- enable older and disabled people to live independently. We care for those in greatest need
- help people live safe, healthy lives and play an active part in their community
- provide services that enhance the quality of life in our communities, and protect the local environment
- support a thriving local economy by improving transport links to create jobs and homes for the future
Oxfordshire must continue to be a great place to live and work, with more people enjoying a higher quality of life. Like any vision, it’s a long-term ambition rather than a quick fix.
We hope that you agree that thriving communities are a worthwhile ambition and that you will play an active part.
Delivering on our vision
We put residents at the heart of everything we do. And we exist to serve our residents and communities; they both use and pay (directly or indirectly) for the services we deliver.
Our communities are ones of place, but also of interest where people feel a sense of belonging. Our approach to supporting thriving communities must be as diverse as they are. We must listen to councillors, residents and our communities to develop approaches and respond to local issues; in this way, we will be providing the value for money our residents expect.