Transport frequently asked questions | Oxfordshire County Council

Transport frequently asked questions

Useful information that has been asked before

My child has lost their bus pass, how do I get a new  one?

To replace a lost school bus pass a parent needs to send a letter quoting the child’s name, date of birth, school attended and bus route number (if known) with a cheque, made payable to:

Oxfordshire County Council Transport Hub
Environment and Economy
PO Box 867

How much does it cost for a new bus pass?

There is a £10 fee for Oxfordshire County Council School buses.

How long will my new bus pass take?

The Oxfordshire County Council bus pass will be sent within seven working days of receipt of the £10 payment.

How do I change the bus my child travels on?

It is not normally possible to change to a different bus because most buses have their seats allocated at the start of the school year. However, if there are seats available we can consider the change. To apply for a change in bus route email a request is made for a change of route and space is available there will be a charge of £10 for a new bus pass.

My child has left their bag on the bus, who do I call?

Parents or students will need to contact the transport provider directly to discuss retrieving property lost or left on the bus. The contact numbers can be found here (link to Transport Operators and Routes)

I have a concern about my childs transport e.g punctuality, the driver and would like to make a complaint, who do I contact?

If you want to complain about a driver, a bus, punctuality, or the schools transport service, please contact us at If the matter is urgent and requires immediate attention, call 01865 323500.

I have received an invoice for concessionary transport, how do I pay?

You will need to go to to pay the invoice.

When do I have to pay for concessionary transport?

Invoices are issued three times per year in August, December and March. This cost is paid in full and cannot be paid in instalments.

I have received an invoice but no longer require transport, how  do I cancel?

Please email quoting the child’s name, date of birth, school attended and bus route number (if known) and we will cancel it for you.

Will Oxfordshire County Council provide transport into college if my child decides to go?

We don't provide assistance to travel for students choosing to attend a college, it will be necessary for you contact the college direct.

Last reviewed
13 December 2016
PrintPrint Give us feedback on this pageFeedback form, opens in new window.
Access key details Skip to main content Home News Sitemap Search Website help Complaints Terms and conditions Website feedback