The three main activities
- To improve health by providing health improvement services.
- To protect the population from preventable health issues, including those caused by communicable diseases and environmental hazards, and ensuring effective healthcare provision.
- To support local healthcare services to provide cost-effective, efficient and accessible healthcare that meets the population’s needs.
We deliver these through ten main functions
- Public health leadership.
- Improving health and preventing disease.
- Addressing inequalities and championing the needs of vulnerable groups.
- Working in partnership to address broader determinants of health.
- Protecting the population’s health and planning for emergencies.
- Supporting the NHS.
- Analysing health trends to spot gaps, problems and emerging diseases early.
- Adding value across Oxfordshire County Council.
- Strong planning, commissioning, procurement, governance and business management.
- Communications, campaigns, media, public engagement, community outreach and liaison.
Public Health Oxfordshire annual report
Contact us older copies.