For the new library in Oxford we are creating a Makerspace that will provide opportunities for digital making and access to technology such as 3D printers. In order to develop the space fully, we are looking for volunteers to assist customers with the equipment and help run activities.
You need enthusiasm, good communication skills, knowledge or interest in some of the equipment, and to enjoy working with learners of all ages. You do not need to be an expert and training in the equipment will be provided.
- to promote making and STEAM activities
- to help staff deliver maker sessions to groups of all ages
- to help develop a community who can use the Makerspace
- giving advice and encouragement in making to beginners of any age
- providing access to equipment such as 3D printers and digital cutter
- preparing and organising the library space, including arranging furniture and equipment, and clearing the area after the session
Skills and abilities needed
- to be enthusiastic about digital making and to have an interest in new technology and equipment, crafts, or skills such as 3D printing, Raspberry Pis, and programming
- to be able to communicate with learners of all ages, and to share knowledge and skills
- to be patient and willing to help, and have the ability to motivate and encourage others
- to have the ability to work both on your own, or in a team with library staff and other volunteers
How to apply
To discuss this role further please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of Oxfordshire County Council’s safeguarding policy a DBS check and two references will be required for this role.