Ardley is closed on 4 and 5 November.
Ardley Fields household waste recycling centre
Brackley Road, Ardley, OX27 7PH
|Monday||8am - 5pm|
|Tuesday||8am - 5pm|
|Wednesday||8am - 5pm|
|Thursday||8am - 5pm (8am - 8pm April to September)|
|Friday||8am - 5pm|
|Saturday||8am - 5pm|
|Sunday||8am - 5pm|
Bank holidays - normal opening hours except for Christmas and New Year.
Booking is not required.
When there are long waiting times staff may close the queue earlier than the advertised closing time based on an assessment of the queuing time.
Visiting a recycling centre
Read what to expect when you visit including charges and changes to site rules.
The waste recycling centres accept a wide range of household recyclables and waste free of charge.
However, there is a small charge for non-household waste (DIY). Payment can be made by cash or card. See the price list on our charging for non-household waste (DIY) page.
Commercial and trade waste
We cannot accept waste from commercial premises or businesses at any of our sites except the Redbridge household waste recycling centre.
Types of waste this site accepts
If your household item does not appear in this list, use the Waste Wizard tool. The wizard can tell you how to repair, reuse or recycle it or which bin you could use at home.
- Bulky items
- Car/household batteries
- Fluorescent tubes
- Gas bottles
- General waste
- Glass bottles
- Green waste
- Hard plastics, e.g. buckets, pet beds and toys
- Household and garden chemicals
- Large electrical appliances
- Low-energy light bulbs
- Water-based emulsions - please harden and place in the residual skip
- Solvent-based - do not need to be hardened and should be placed in the chemical store
- If in doubt, ask a member of the site team
- Small electrical appliances
- Soft plastics, e.g. bottles, tubs and trays
- Textiles and clothes
- TV and monitors