Household waste recycling centres have reopened.
Changes have been made, these include:
- limiting the number of vehicles
- introducing social distancing measures
- traffic maybe diverted along alternative routes or entrances (see individual centres for details)
Sites are open 8am – 5pm every day (booking not required). When there are long waiting times to enter the HWRC staff may close the queue earlier than the advertised closing time based on an assessment of the queue time. If you have queued near to closing time you may continue to queue off the highway, but please be aware that you may not gain entry when the gates close at 5pm.
Read our waste reopening questions for full details and before visiting.
Alkerton household waste recycling centre
Stratford Road, Alkerton, Near Banbury, OX15 6HZ
|Monday||8am - 5pm|
|Tuesday||8am - 5pm|
|Wednesday||8am - 5pm|
|Thursday||8am - 8pm|
|Friday||8am - 5pm|
|Saturday||8am - 5pm|
|Sunday||8am - 5pm|
Bank holidays - normal opening hours with the exception of Christmas and New Year.
The waste recycling centres accept a wide range of household recyclables and waste free of charge. Non-household waste (DIY) is accepted for a small charge. Payment can be made by cash or card. See the price list on our charging for non-household waste (DIY) page.
Waste from a commercial premises or business cannot be accepted at any of our sites except Redbridge household waste recycling centre
Types of waste this site accepts:
- Bulky Items
- Car Batteries
- Fluorescent tubes
- Gas bottles
- General waste
- Glass bottles
- Green waste
- Hard plastics e.g. buckets, pet beds and toys
- Household and garden chemicals
- Large electrical appliances
- Low-energy light bulbs
- Mixed textiles and clothes
- Paint (hardened)
- Small electrical appliances
- Soft plastics e.g. bottles, tubs and trays
- TV and monitors and batteries;
Find out how you can repair, reuse or recycle household items and which bin it goes in