The Minerals and Waste Local Plan was adopted in July 1996 and covered the period to 2006.
It will be replaced by the new Minerals and Waste Local Plan that is being prepared in two parts: Core Strategy and Site Allocations. The Core Strategy was adopted on 12 September 2017.
46 policies in the Minerals and Waste Local Plan were originally 'saved' in order to avoid a gap in planning policy for minerals and waste development while the new Minerals and Waste Local Plan is developed. Following the adoption of the Core Strategy, 30 of these policies relating to strategic matters are no longer saved and therefore no longer apply. The remaining 16 policies relating to specific areas remain saved pending the adoption of the Oxfordshire Minerals and Waste Local Plan: Part 2 – Site Allocations Document
An assessment has been undertaken of the consistency of the remaining ‘saved’ policies with national planning policy in the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) and National Planning Policy for Waste (NPPW). This takes into consideration the guidance in the national Planning Practice Guidance (PPG).
This assessment should be read alongside the NPPF and NPPW, and the PPG. It clarifies those policies which can continue to be used in the consideration of planning applications and it will help in establishing the weight to be given to ‘saved’ polices in determining applications.
Download the plan by section
(This is the plan as it was adopted in 1996, with all the original policies, including those policies which have not been saved and therefore no longer apply.)
- Title page and Index (pdf format, 519 KB)
- 1 - Introduction (pdf format, 611 KB)
- 2 - Supply and demand for minerals (pdf format, 2 MB)
- 3 - Waste disposal (pdf format, 1.5 MB)
- 4 - Protecting the environment (pdf format, 2.2 MB)
- 5 - Transport (pdf format, 304 KB)
- 6 - Plant and buildings (pdf format, 160 KB)
- 7 - Specific areas (pdf format, 1.7 MB)
- Annex 1 - Code of practice (pdf format, 6.9 MB)
- Annex 2 - Organisations consulted at planning application stage (pdf format, 131 KB)
- Annex 3 - Glossary (pdf format, 557 KB)
- Annex 4 - Minerals and Waste Local Plan policies (pdf format, 1.5 MB)
Supporting maps and diagrams:
- Inset map 1 - Sutton Courtney area (pdf format, 736 KB)
- Inset map 2 - Sutton Wick area (pdf format, 737 KB)
- Inset map 3 - Stanton Harcourt area (Lower Windrush Valley) (pdf format, 2.5 MB)
- Inset map 4 - Cassington - Yarnton area (pdf format, 1.3 MB)
- Inset map 5 - Caversham area (pdf format, 609 KB)
- Inset map 6 - Langford lane, Kidlington (pdf format, 240 KB)
- Inset map 7 - Banbury (pdf format, 244 KB)
- Inset map 8 - Kidlington (pdf format, 185 KB)
- Proposals map (pdf format, 371 KB)
Copies of the Minerals and Waste Local Plan can be purchased (priced £35 + £2 postage and packing) by contacting a member of the Minerals and Waste Policy Team.