Thornhill park and ride is run by Oxfordshire County Council. Separate charges apply to parking and bus.
Parking only charges
|Up to 1 hour||Free|
|Up to 11 hours||£2|
|Over 72 hours||£100 excess charge|
|Disabled Blue Badge||Free|
Payment is required within 1 hour of arrival. There is no need to display your receipt/ticket in your vehicle.
How to pay for parking
- Cash or card at pay points near the terminal building
- Online at www.parkreg.co.uk
- Mobile phone: pre-register at www.parkreg.co.uk, then text PARKREG and your location code (27361 for Thornhill) to 67766.
Season ticket information
Depending on how frequently you use the park and ride there are different options you can choose for purchasing season tickets. The ticket prices are calculated on the basis of a 5-day week and weekends are included in the tickets free of charge:*
- A monthly pass (which covers 31 days from the start date) for £41.33
- A quarterly pass (covers 93 days from the start date) for £110.93
- An annual pass (covers 365 days from the start date) for £391.50
*Please note that the 72-hour maximum still applies if you buy a season ticket. Cars staying for longer than 72 hours will be subject to an excess charge of £100.
Refunds and using a different car
If you need to use a different car for the day contact our Civil Enforcement Team who will let the site staff know.
If you wish to permanently use a different car change the registration with Parkreg.
If you have bought a season ticket and a change in circumstances means that you will no longer need it and there is still an amount of time left on the ticket, you can get a partial refund.
There is also an administration fee of £10 on all refunds. Email email@example.com for more details.
Combined ticket for parking and bus travel
The combined ticket is for parking and bus travel into Oxford city centre only.
You can pay for parking and a return bus ticket into Oxford for two adults and up to three children for £6.80 (made up of £2 car parking for a maximum stay of 11 hours and £4.80 bus fare).
There are two dedicated machines for these tickets located at each Park & Ride. They accept coin and card payments.
Payment is required within one hour of arrival. There is no need to display your receipt/ticket in your vehicle but it should be presented to the driver for travel on the bus.
Facilities and information
- Disabled parking
- Tea / coffee facilities
- Waiting room
- Coach transfer
- Long stay parking (up to 72 hours)
- Bus services to the John Radcliffe, Churchill and Nuffield hospitals
- Lost property 0345 337 1138
- Total bays: 1335
- Disabled bays: 18
Opening hours of terminal building
|Monday to Thursday||5.30am-11.30pm|
Thornhill has a height restriction of 2.1 metres (6ft 11 inches).
Information for parking lorries, coaches, caravans and motorhomes which exceed this height is available below:
Bus fares and stops
For more information about the park and ride bus service please contact Oxford Bus Company.
You will need to get the number 400 park and ride bus run by the Oxford Bus Company.
Bus services stopping at Thornhill
There are a number of other bus and coach services that stop at Thornhill.
- 800 for the John Radcliffe hospital
- 900 for the Churchill and Nuffield hospitals
For more information contact Stagecoach.
- Oxford Tube for Hillingdon, Shepherd’s Bush, Notting Hill Gate, Marble Arch and Victoria
For more information go to:
- X90 for Hillingdon, Baker Street, Marylebone, Marble Arch and Victoria
For more information go to:
- LGW for Gatwick airport
- LHR for Heathrow airport
For more information go to https://airline.oxfordbus.co.uk/
- National Express for Luton and Stansted airports
For more information go to https://www.nationalexpress.com/en
Oxford Brookes University
- U1 or NU1 for Oxford Brookes University campuses
For more information contact the Oxford Bus Company.
- X8 or 280 for Thame and Aylesbury
For more information contact Arriva bus
- 275 for Stokenchurch, Wheatley and High Wycombe
For more information contact Red Rose Travel.
Thornhill (OX3 8DP) - located off the A40 from Thame, Aylesbury, High Wycombe, London and the M40 to the east of the city, just before the ring road.
View a larger map