Things to do
For families to enjoy during museum opening hours:
- Hands-on, interactive gallery displays
- Dressing up
- Puppets, puzzles and colouring pencils
- 3D glasses to bring treasures to life
- Free trails, backpacks and explorer bags
- Activities for under 5s with Tom the Sheepdog
- Cosy reading corners
Dinosaur garden and interactive dinosaur gallery
- Meet our life-size Megalosaur
- Explore our garden with its Jurassic plants
- Feed the dinosaurs in the gallery
- Dinosaur puppet theatre
- Discover dinosaur bones, fossils and what they can tell us
- Learn about the Shire of the Dinosaurs
- Dinosaur DVD
Dinosaurs at dawn
Dinosaurs at dawn crafty fun drop-in 2-4pm - create a picture of dinosaurs at sunrise using sponge painting and collage.
Flutter by crafty fun
Flutter by crafty fun drop-in 2-4pm Design a woodland scene with spring time butterflies.
Pop into spring - crafty drop-in
Pop into spring crafty drop-in 2-4pm - Colourful surprising cards to make.
Eggstraordinary crafty drop-in
Eggstraordinary crafty drop-in 2-4pm - Model and decorate colourful dinosaur eggs and make a nest.