Advocacy training for professionals
Free advocacy eLearning for social workers and other professionals.
Our key aim is that social workers and other professionals will routinely consider advocacy and make referrals to services for children and adults for those that need advocacy.
The purpose of this eLearning is to show professionals:
- how advocacy helps people to have a voice and take part in decisions about their own lives
- the range of advocacy services available
- how to recognise when a person may benefit from advocacy
- how advocacy improves people’s outcomes
- who needs to be contacted for advocacy support, and how to make a referral.
How to access the course
Oxfordshire County Council employees should go to the council's intranet home page, select Learning, access the Learning Zone and search for 'Advocacy in Children’s and Adult’s Services: Giving People a Voice (E-Learning)'.
External professionals can find the course through the Oxfordshire Safeguarding Children Board training section (search for 'Raising awareness of advocacy'). You will need to register and log into the eLearning system.