In 2016 the we developed a sustainable model for delivering daytime support to meet people’s needs now and in the future. This would include:
- supporting people to live well in their communities;
- providing some additional tailored support to people who need this;
- and ensuring that a range of options are available for people with more complex needs to choose from, using their personal budgets or own resources.
There remained a need to continue to support people to live well in their local community, taking part in a range of locally available opportunities. Our aim was to reduce loneliness and social isolation by supporting individuals and communities to support each other.
Oxfordshire’s voluntary sector delivers excellent support to many vulnerable people; and the majority do so without funding from us. As part of the outcomes from the daytime support review, we introduced voluntary sector funding.
Grant funding for 2020/21
The Innovation Fund
The Innovation Fund is open to all voluntary and community groups supporting people in Oxfordshire. The total amount of the Innovation Fund for 2020/21 is £100,000.
This fund will provide one-off funding to support the development of self-sustaining projects, delivering new and innovative opportunities for adults in Oxfordshire.
The Sustainability Fund
The Sustainability Fund is open to all voluntary and community groups supporting people in Oxfordshire. The total amount of the Sustainability Fund for 2020/21 is £250,000.
The fund can provide a contribution which can be used to support existing services to continue to operate and offer daytime support opportunities.
How to apply
Both funds are now open for applications. The closing date for all applications is 12pm Friday 20 September 2019.
- Grant guidance and criteria (pdf format, 114Kb)
- Innovation Fund application form (docx format, 38Kb)
- Sustainability Fund application form (docx format, 41Kb)
Part of the feedback received from the review of the grant funding was a request for a workshop to be held where applicants can come and discuss their service ideas, grant needs and the application process and three-year business plan.
In response to that request, Oxfordshire County Council and Oxfordshire Voluntary and Community Services will be holding workshops:
- 10 - 11am - Sustainability Fund
- 11am - 12.30pm - Innovation Fund
- 2 - 3pm - Sustainability Fund
- 3 - 4.30pm - Innovation Fund
Venue: OCVA - The training room, The Old Courthouse, Floyds’ Row, Oxford. OX1 1SS.
The closing date for all applications is 12 noon on Friday 20 September 2019.
Key dates (subject to change)
- 12 August 2019 - The both funds open
- 3 and 5 September - Applicant workshops
- 12pm 20 September - closing date for applications
- Week commencing 7 October - cross party panel meetings. Applications assessed and recommendations for award are made
- 21 January 2020 - final decision for award will be agreed at Cabinet
- 1 April 2020 until 31 March 2021 - funding will begin
Review of the funds
Both funds have increased in popularity since 2017/18 and it was deemed an appropriate time to review the application forms, criteria and process to enable us to improve our offer and to meet increased demand.
The review included holding a listening workshop, an on-line survey, meeting with colleagues whom support the grant process from beginning to end and obtaining specific feedback from the first cohort of successful applicants to the Innovation Fund, for an update on their progress to date and future plans, as they near the end of their funding period.
The information gathered from the above activities has enabled us to make recommendations, for final decision by Cabinet on 16 July 2019, which will shape and improve the grant applications, guidelines, and the award selection and decision-making processes.
Comments or questions
Contact Rebecca Lanchbury, Commissioning Officer, should you have any questions or comments: Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org