Activities could include:
- helping serve food and drink
- organising activities, for example, arts and crafts, gardening
- teaching people to use the computer
- talking and running discussion groups.
We want people who can make a practical difference and enjoy the satisfaction of ensuring our users are well looked after.
Who can apply
Anyone over the age of 18 who has an interest in working with adults who have disabilities. Applicants will need to be:
- committed and reliable
- good listeners and communicators.
There are no formal qualifications required to become a volunteer but there are health and safety and security issues that have to be addressed. An application form will need to be filled in and references required. Some informal training will be given to ensure you are kept safe.
How to apply
You can visit or write to one of the following day centres:
More volunteering information
Volunteer role descriptions
- Receptionist (.pdf format, 103Kb)
- Assisting with the use of computers (.pdf format, 48Kb)
- Serving refreshments (.pdf format, 49 Kb)
- Assisting with activity groups (.pdf format, 49Kb)