Children born between 1 September 2010 and 31 August 2011 (inclusive) will be starting Year 3 from September 2018.
Applications for junior school that were received by the deadline of 15 January were processed on 16 April.
Applications received between 16 January and 3 May will be considered in the second allocation round on 12 June. Responses to applications will be sent out by second class post on 12 June.
Please allow two to four working days for your letters to arrive. They contain all the relevant information you need.
Information about the outcome of applications will not be discussed over the telephone, so please do not call.
If you have missed the deadline to submit an application for junior school, you should complete a paper application form (pdf format, 33Kb) and ensure it reaches the Admissions Team as soon as possible. Applications received after 3 May will be considered in late June or July.
How to respond to offers
The deadline for accepting or declining a junior school place was 3 May 2018.
If you missed this deadline, please return your completed response form to the Admissions Team as soon as possible.
Responses can no longer be submitted online.
Continued Interest (Waiting) List:
Where a child has been refused a place at a preferred school, you can add their name to the relevant continued interest list.
The deadline for receipt of continued interest forms was 3 May.
If you missed this deadline, please return your completed form to the Admissions Team as soon as possible.
Forms received after 3 May will be considered in late June or July.
If your child has not been refused a place at a preferred school, you will not be able to add their name to a continued interest list.
Free home to school transport
If your child is eligible for free home to school transport, you will have been sent a transport form with your school allocation letter in the post.
You cannot respond to a transport offer online.
If you want to accept the offer of free home to school transport, or decline the offer, please complete the paper form and return it to the Admissions Team as soon as possible.
- 25 October 2017 - parents can start to apply
- 15 January 2018 - closing date for on-time applications
- 16 April 2018 – allocation day: letters sent (by second class post) and emails sent detailing the offer of a school place
- 3 May 2018 - deadline for submitting response form, continued interest forms, late applications and changes of preference
- 12 June 2018 – second allocation round: letters sent after first run of continued interest list and late applications
- September 2018 – start of the school year
The deadline for responding to school offers and transport offers, or to add your child's name to a continued interest list, or to submit a new application is 3 May 2018.
Will my child get a place?
Catchment area is one of the ways that places at schools are decided. There are other factors (e.g. whether a child has a brother or sister at the school). For transfer from infant to junior or primary schools the traditional linked junior/primary school gives priority at Year 3 to children attending the linked infant school. These links are:
|Infant school||Historical linked junior or primary school|
|Faringdon Infant School Lechlade Road, Faringdon, SN7 8AH||Faringdon Junior School Gloucester Street, Faringdon, SN7 7HZ|
|St Mary’s CE Infant School, Witney Church Green, Witney, OX28 4AZ||The Batt CE Primary School Marlborough Lane, Witney, OX28 6DY|
|St Nicholas Church of England Infants' School and Foundation Stage Unit, Wallingford St Nicholas Road, Wallingford, OX10 8HX||Fir Tree Junior School Radnor Road, Wallingford, OX10 0NY|
Will I get help with transport to school?
Read our school travel page to find out whether your child is eligible for free or concessionary transport.
What if I don’t get the place I want?
You can do one or more of the following:
- Add your child's name to the Continued Interest (or waiting) list. More information (pdf format, 235Kb) Please beware that if you add your child’s name to a school’s continued interest list, and a place becomes available that can be allocated your child, the place will be given to your child and their place at the school originally offered will be taken away.
- Change preferences - add new preference(s) or change preference order. More information (pdf format, 130Kb)
- Appeal for a place (see below)
You have the right to appeal for a place at any school where a place could not be offered. The information sent out to you in the post will explain more about who is responsible for organising your appeal.
How places were allocated
Information on how places were allocated in a particular school is available on the individual school pages.
Visit the apply to transfer schools page if you are moving to Oxfordshire with a primary age child or are considering transferring your child to another primary school in Oxfordshire. Contact the Admissions Team for further advice.