Tell us about planned roadworks

How to notify us if you are planning works with excavations or temporary traffic management.

We are responsible for managing the coordination and registration of all works on Oxfordshire's roads (public highways) and pavements (footways).

If you are planning works with excavations or temporary traffic management such as lane closures, road closures, footway closures or any occupation of the highway, you must contact us to register these works and obtain approval (use 'noticing' as your email subject).

All planned roadworks must be notified and entered on the County Streetworks Register at the earliest possible date and you must contact us to update your works notice at key stages in the planning and works processes.

Types of notices

  • Notification and Registration
    Section 53/54/57 notices are used to coordinate and register roadworks.
  • Working near Utility Apparatus
    Section 83 notices are used to notify utilities that we are going to carry out roadworks adjacent to their apparatus
  • Plant Enquiries
    Section 84/85 Plant enquiries are used to search for apparatus and divert where necessary for roadworks purposes.
  • Protection of newly laid surfaces
    Section 58 notices are used to protect new surfaces.
  • Permits for signals and closures
    Permits are used to coordinate the use of temporary traffic signals and lane closures in the highway.

Temporary Traffic Regulation Order (TTRO)

Roadworks requiring temporary traffic restrictions may require a TTRO.

Application information can be found here - Temporary Traffic Regulation Order (TTRO)