Why are we doing this project?
The North Oxford area is identified for significant growth in travel demands brought about by a potential development at (Oxford Parkway). However, the area is already under significant pressure with peak period congestion already experienced on the A40, A44 and A34., wider housing and employment growth in West and North Oxfordshire, and also the
What are we proposing?
- Reducing congestion in North Oxford and along the A40 to accommodate future traffic growth.
- Improving connections between West Oxfordshire/A40, and A34, Oxford Parkway and Oxford Airport
- Relieving congestion on key junctions in North Oxford.
- To improve opportunities for public transport and other sustainable transport modes.
- Changing the shape and size of the existing roundabout at Loop Farm. It is proposed that it will become an elongated roundabout similar in shape to a lozenge.
- Construction of a link road between the A40 and the Loop Farm roundabout.
- Construction of a new junction with the A40. The exact position and type of junction (signalised or roundabout) has yet to be confirmed.
Confirm the design of the A40 junction