A music volunteer assists library staff in keeping the music library stock tidy, attractively displayed and in good condition.
- monitoring condition of music stock
- shelving returned items
- tidying shelves – checking items on the shelves are in good condition, are in the correct sequence and are attractively displayed.
- helping pack and unpack deliveries
- undertaking minor repairs to items
- helping customers find the books or resources they need
- helping customers with enquiries by directing them to a member of staff
Skills and abilities needed
- basic knowledge of and/or interest in music
- to be able to shelve items in correct sequence whether alphabetically, numerically or in special collections and displays
- to be physically fit as you have to be able to carry items and shelve at different heights
- to enjoy working with people and be willing to help
- to be happy working on your own and as part of a team
How to apply
To discuss this role further or apply contact the music library.