Barton Community Association is looking for volunteers to help support Barton Library, run in partnership with the library service and based within the Barton Neighbourhood Centre which also contains a GP surgery, a food bank, a youth centre and a café.
In this role, you will be joining the other Barton Community Association volunteers in:
- meeting and greeting library customers
- helping customers to find and choose books
- signposting customers to relevant services including online resources
- returning books to their correct places on the shelves and helping keep the shelves tidy and the books well displayed
- promoting the library and its services in the community, including helping with activities and events.
Training and support will be provided on-site at Barton Community Centre.
How to apply
If you would like to find out more, or are interested in applying to become a Barton Community Library volunteer, contact Sue Holden, Company Secretary of Barton Community Association.