Introduction to Minerals and Waste Local Plan: Part 2 – Site Allocations
We are currently preparing the Minerals and Waste Local Plan: Part 2 – Site Allocations document.
The Sites Allocation document will:
- provide and identify sites for minerals and waste management development in Oxfordshire over the period to the end of 2031, following the spatial strategy and criteria-based policies in the Core Strategy
- provide the detailed policy framework for minerals and/or waste management development management decisions
- allocate the sites required to provide the additional capacity for minerals supply and waste management as set out in the Core Strategy.
Following consultation on our MWLP Sites Plan Interim Sustainability Appraisal of the Approach to Site Delivery and revised Methodology in early 2021 and our Preferred Options Consultation in 2020, we are now reviewing all the information received and the latest available evidence.
In particular, we are reviewing our Site Assessments. All of the sites previously identified as Preferred Options have reverted to being considered as reasonable alternatives whilst we review the sites again.
In addition to ensure that the Site Allocations Document is based on a solid evidence base, we have bought the Core Strategy review forward and are planning to do a Partial Update.
Once we have progressed with this work, we will move forward with the Site Allocations Document.
As set out within our Minerals and Waste Development Scheme we are expecting to undertake a further Preferred Options on our Site Allocations Document in the Summer of 2022.
We have undertaken a number of consultations so far in the preparation of the Site Allocations Document.
- MWLP Sites Plan Interim Sustainability Appraisal of the Approach to Site Delivery Jan 2021
- Update to Site Assessment Methodology Jan 2021
- Preferred Options Consultation Jan 2020
- Additional site nominations consultation Jan 2020
- Issues and Options Consultation[SC-C1] Aug 2018
- Site assessment methodology Aug 2018
- Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report Aug 2018
- Site Assessment Methodology and Sustainability Appraisal Report Jan 2018
MWLP Sites Plan Interim Sustainability Appraisal (SA) of the Approach to Site Delivery
North Northamptonshire Council has been appointed to help us undertake some further work and evidence gathering. They are focusing on sustainability appraisal and further site assessment work.
From January 4 to 17 March 2021 we consulted on the Oxfordshire MWLP Sites Plan Interim Sustainability Appraisal (SA) of the Approach to Site Delivery, which was prepared by North Northamptonshire Council. This has been developed to appraise the approach to site delivery and its contributions towards sustainable development. This in turn acts to inform the Revised Draft Sites Allocations Document, site assessments and the Draft SA Report of the Revised Draft Sites Allocations document.
A consultation was carried out following the SEA Directive requirements and specifically involved the SEA Consultation Bodies.
The MWLP Sites Plan Interim Sustainability Appraisal (SA) of the Approach to Site Delivery and its supporting Non-Technical Summary are available to view below:
- Oxfordshire MWLP Sites Plan Interim Sustainability Appraisal (SA) of the Approach to Site Delivery (pdf format)
- Oxfordshire MWLP Sites Plan Interim Sustainability Appraisal (SA) of the Approach to Site Delivery – Non-Technical Summary (pdf format)
Update to Site Assessment Methodology
North Northamptonshire Council also prepared an updated Site Assessment Methodology - January 2021 which is to be used as we move forward with the site assessment and identification of preferred options to deliver the requirements of the adopted Minerals and Waste Local Plan: Part 1 Core Strategy. This was consulted on in early 2021
Preferred options consultation 2020
We consulted on a preferred option of the Site Allocations Document between 22 January and 4 March 2020.
This Preferred Options consultation identified those sites we believed could best deliver the policies within the Core Strategy Please note that following the consultation, it was determined that further work and site assessments were required and all sites identified within the consultation were reverted to being considered as reasonable alternatives.
- Oxfordshire Minerals and Waste Local Plan: Part 2 Site Allocations Plan - Consultation Draft (pdf format, 2.8Mb)
A number of documents were prepared to support the production of the draft Site Allocations Plan. The following are available to view:
- Report of Site Assessments (prepared by Adams Hendry and Oxfordshire County Council) (pdf format, Kb)
- Preliminary Draft Sustainability Appraisal/Strategic Environmental Assessment (pdf format, 1.6Mb)
- Habitats Regulations Assessment of the Oxfordshire Minerals and Waste Plan Part 2 (AECOM) (pdf format, 1.5Mb)
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment – Addendum Report (AECOM) (pdf format, 545Kb)
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment Figure 1 (pdf format, 6.3Mb)
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment Figure 1A (pdf format, 4.3Mb)
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment Figure 1B (pdf format, 4.7Mb)
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment Figure 1C (pdf format, 5.2Mb)
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment Figure 1D (pdf format, 5.3Mb)
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment Figure 1E (pdf format, 4.8Mb)
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment Figure 2 (pdf format, 6.3Mb)
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment Figure 2A (pdf format, 4.1Mb)
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment Figure 2B (pdf format, 4.6Mb)
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment Figure 2C (pdf format, 5.1Mb)
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment Figure 2D (pdf format, 5.2Mb)
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment Figure 2E (pdf format, 4.7Mb)
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment Figure 3 (pdf format, 6.7Mb)
- Report on Consultation (pdf format, 2Mb)
- Consultation Notice (pdf format, 230Kb)
Additional site nominations consultation 2020
From January to March 2020, we also consulted on a further two sites submitted for possible inclusion within the plan.
These sites were:
- Site 291: Bradfield Grove Farm, Grove, Wantage.
- Site CR25: Shipton on Cherwell SW Extension
All responses received are being considered as we move forward with the production of the Site Allocations Plan.
Issues and options consultation 2018
From August to October 2018, we carried out a consultation on the issues and options for the Minerals and Waste Local Plan: Part 2 – Site Allocations Document
The Issues and Options consultation invited views on:
- what the Sites Allocations Document should cover?
- what issues the Sites Allocations Document should address?
- what options should be considered? – in particular, which sites should be considered for allocation for minerals and waste development?
- what information will assist in the assessment of these options?
It also contained all the sites that have been nominated for possible inclusion within the Site Allocations Document
Amended Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report 2018
At the same time as the Issues and Options paper and Site Assessment Methodology, we also sought comments on the revised Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report (pdf format, 6Mb)
We originally consulted on the methodology and a sustainability appraisal scoping report (including the requirements for Strategic Environmental Assessment) as part of the initial work on the Site Allocations document in January/February 2018. This can be found below:
Keeping you informed
We hold a register of people and organisations with an interest in the Minerals and Waste Local Plan. This is only used to keep people informed about progress in preparing Minerals and Waste Local Plan documents, publication and consultation. Contact us to be included on the register.