Oxfordshire has a good range of activities for young people. Oxfordshire County Council has developed the Youth Opportunity Fund to support organisations establish new youth opportunities or to extend existing activities or provide additional sessions for areas or groups of young people.
The target group are young people between the ages of 11 to 18 and 11 to 25 where young people have special educational needs.
The total amount of the fund is £1 million available for two years from the date of award and up to a maximum of £70,000 per application across the two years.
The fund will be allocated across Oxfordshire to ensure all areas have the opportunity to bid for the financial support. Once the available resource is used the Youth Opportunity Fund will be closed.
We are keen for organisations to work with other voluntary and community organisations as well as with district, town and parish councils to continue successful initiatives following the end of the funding.
How to apply
The fund is now open for applications. The closing date for all applications is 12pm on Friday 22 November 2019.
This was an opportunity for applicants to come and discuss their ideas and ask any questions that they may have about the application process.
The workshop was held on Monday, 4 November 2019, 2pm - 4.30pm, in Meeting rooms 1 and 2, Ground Floor, County Hall, Oxford, OX1 1ND.
- 8 October 2019 - Youth Opportunity Fund opens
- During October 2019 an applicant workshop will be arranged
- 12pm on Friday 22 November 2019 - closing date for applications
- 25 and 26 November 2019 - scoring process takes place
- Week commencing 2 December 2019 - evaluation panel meetings begin
- 15 December 2019 - applicants notified of recommendations
- 21 January 2020 - County Council Cabinet meets for final decision
- 28 January 2020 - applicants notified of final decisions
Comments or questions
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions or comments.