Helpline for parents
Do you have concerns about your child's education or would like some help in approaching school or nursery? Would you like support at a meeting or to talk through what you want to say?
We are here to help you, whether you are wondering if your child has special educational needs, or already gets extra help at school, has an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) or is in special school. Contact us during office hours, Monday - Friday or leave a message on our answerphone. If the phone lines are busy and they usually are, please leave your name, number and a brief message and we will get back to you, it may take 5 working days. You can e-mail us at SENDIASS@oxfordshire.gov.uk or fill in our request for support form.
If you would like to find out more about the SEN system, or are looking for a chance to talk things through, join us at one of our free Wednesday morning Talking Points drop-in sessions. These advice sessions run from 10-11.30am.
They will be held on the first Wednesday of each month in County Hall, New Road, Oxford
- 12 September
- 3 October
- 7 November
- 5 December
- 9 January
- 6 February
- 6 March
- 1 May
- 5 June
- 3 July
Here is a video showing parents that have received help and support
We have various guides for parents, which you can download below.
- Permanent Exclusion (pdf format, 85Kb)
- How is my child doing at school? (pdf format, 93Kb)
- Choosing a school (pdf format, 142 Kb)
- Fixed Term Exclusions (pdf format, 103Kb)
- Getting the most out of meetings if your child has Special Educational Needs (pdf format, 209 Kb)
- SENDIASS - Parents guide (pdf format, 153Kb)
- SEN Support in mainstream schools (pdf format, 98Kb)
- SEN Support in Further Education Colleges (pdf format, 88Kb)
- A parents guide to outcomes (pdf format, 163Kb)
Interested in becoming a volunteer?