Helpline for parents
Do you have concerns about your child's education or would like some help in approaching school or nursery? Would you like support at a meeting or to talk through what you want to say?
We are here to help you, whether you are wondering if your child has special educational needs, or already gets extra help at school, has an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) or is in special school.
You can contact us during term time, Monday - Friday (9.30am - 2.30pm) or leave a message and we'll get back to you, it may take 5 working days. You can also email us SENDIASS@oxfordshire.gov.uk or fill in our request for support form.
If you would like to find out more about the SEN system, or are looking for a chance to talk things through, join us at one of our free Wednesday morning Talking Points drop-in sessions. These advice sessions run from 10-11.30am.
They will be held usually on the first Wednesday of each month during term time in County Hall, New Road, Oxford. Ask at reception for directions of the room being used.
- 5 June
- 3 July
- 11 September (2nd Wednesday)
- 2 October
- 6 November
- 4 December
- 8 January (2nd Wednesday)
- 5 February
- 4 March
- April – No Talking Points
- 6 May
- 3 June
- 1 July
We have various guides for parents, which you can download below.
- Permanent Exclusion (pdf format, 85Kb)
- How is my child doing at school? (pdf format, 93Kb)
- Choosing a school (pdf format, 142 Kb)
- Fixed Term Exclusions (pdf format, 103Kb)
- Getting the most out of meetings if your child has Special Educational Needs (pdf format, 209 Kb)
- SENDIASS - Parents guide (pdf format, 153Kb)
- SEN Support in mainstream schools (pdf format, 98Kb)
- SEN Support in Further Education Colleges (pdf format, 88Kb)
- A parents guide to outcomes (pdf format, 163Kb)
Interested in becoming a volunteer?
SENDIASS policy documents
- Impartiality Policy (pdf format, 145Kb)
- Confidentiality code (pdf format, 270Kb)
- Complaints Policy (pdf format, 253Kb)
Help us improve our information
Does our local offer information help you? Use this online form to let us know if you feel our web pages could be improved or you need help finding out about something.