If you work or volunteer in a role where you have close contact with people outside your home, or you are a childminder and you do not have any COVID-19 symptoms, you can book a free rapid test.
Rapid COVID-19 tests (also known as lateral flow tests) are available to anyone who does not have access to workplace testing. Results will be available in under an hour.
We recommend you get tested once a week even if you have been vaccinated. This will help pick up a COVID-19 infection early and reduce the risk to others.
These tests do not replace the measures in place to stop the spread of infection such as hand-washing, staying two metres apart and wearing a face-covering.
Start your booking
Do you have any of the following symptoms?
- a high temperature
- a new continuous cough
- loss or change of smell or taste
- difficulty breathing.
What to do if you have symptoms
- Get a test on GOV.UK to check if you have coronavirus as soon as possible.
- You and anyone you live with should stay at home and not have visitors until you get your test result – only leave your home to have a test.
- Anyone in your support bubble should also stay at home if you have been in close contact with them since your symptoms started or during the 48 hours before they started.
- If you have tested positive, support and advice are available on how to self-isolate.
If you don't have any symptoms, check if you are eligible for a free rapid test.