We listen to residents so that we can continue to improve our services and provide value for money.
- We help people live safe, healthy lives and play an active part in their community.
- We provide services that enhance the quality of life in our communities and protect the local environment.
- We strive to give every child a good start in life and protect everyone from abuse and neglect.
- We enable older and disabled people to live independently. We care for those in greatest need.
- We support a thriving local economy by improving transport links to create jobs and homes for the future.
Watch our Thriving communities for everybody in Oxfordshire video
Why we chose 'Thriving Communities'
Our vision statement explains the council’s long term aims and main priorities over the next few years.
'Thriving communities' was chosen after feedback from residents who are passionate about where they live.
We will publish our corporate plan for 2018/19 and beyond in February 2018, which will in explain in more detail how we will work with partners and communities themselves to achieve our vision. Read our current corporate plan.