Data Subject Rights form

How to request or amend personal information held by the council.

You can request one of the following:

  • access to your personal information
  • change inaccurate personal information
  • request the council to delete your information
  • request the council to restrict the processing of your information
  • request personal information provided in a portable format
  • object to the processing of your personal information
  • rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
  • withdraw consent.

Proof of authority

If you are asking for information about someone else you must upload written evidence that you have the authority to act for that person. It can include proof of guardianship and power of attorney. If you do not have this contact your solicitor. Copies can be accepted if they are countersigned by a solicitor.

Proof of identity

Evidence of your identity and address must be provided by supplying scanned originals or certified copies of at least two official documents. This must also be provided for the person about whom information is required and the person making the request if they are different.

  • Proof of identity – birth certificate, current driving licence or passport identification page
  • Proof of address – current driving licence, utility bill, bank or credit card statement (less than three months old)

What is acceptable

We accept scanned original documents however, we reserve the right to request to see the physical original documentation in some cases. All original documents will be returned.

What is not acceptable

We do not accept a driving licence and passport together. One of the documents must show your current address.

Complete a data subject rights form