Helpdesk for adoptive parents and special guardians | Oxfordshire County Council

Helpdesk for adoptive parents and special guardians

The Adoption Team runs a helpdesk, where a social worker is available to talk to adoptive parents.

Urgent contact

However, if your concern is urgent, for example there is an immediate concern about the safety or wellbeing of the child contact the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) on 0345 050 7666.

Adoption & Permanence Support Helpdesk

Tel: 01865 897981

4440 Nash Court
John Smith Drive
Oxford Business Park South

Monday - Friday, 10am - 2pm

Next steps

When you call the helpdesk the social worker will make a formal referral. They may be able to help there and then by giving you advice or signposting you to a relevant service.

We may invite you in to one of our offices for an initial assessment interview.

If the needs are complex we will meet with your child and your family to complete a core assessment.

If your family are encountering serious and urgent difficulties, we will liaise with the Children’s Assessment Teams.

Children from other authorities

If your child or children were placed for adoption by another local authority, and it is less than three years since the children were legally adopted then you need to contact that authority. They will liaise with us, but retain the responsibility to provide adoption support. After three years then you should contact us directly.

Online contact form

You can phone the helpdesk on 01865 897981 or complete the form below and a social worker will be back in touch with you.

Data protection statement

Oxfordshire County Council will use the information you provide on this form to respond to and process your request. By submitting this form you are consenting to our processing personal information for the purpose of your request. We may share your information with other services to process your request.

Last reviewed
04 May 2016
PrintPrint Give us feedback on this pageFeedback form, opens in new window.
Access key details Skip to main content Home News Sitemap Search Website help Complaints Terms and conditions Website feedback