Check your benefit entitlement | Oxfordshire County Council

Check your benefit entitlement

How to check you are receiving all the benefits to which you are entitled.

Benefits adviser

If you are not sure what you are entitled to, please visit the Benefits Adviser page on the website:

You can also find a comprehensive list of benefits on the Gov.UK website.

Oxfordshire County Council carries out a benefits check when assessing how much you pay towards your care.

Find independent financial advice near me.

Enter a postcode or place name:


Benefits Cap

The Welfare Reform and Work Act (2016) introduced some changes to the Benefit Cap.

These changes, which will take effect in autumn 2016, include changes to the benefit cap levels to £23,000 a year for couples with or without children and lone parents and £15,410 for single people without children in Greater London, and £20,000 and £13,400 respectively for those groups elsewhere in Great Britain.

They also include additional exemptions for recipients of Guardian’s Allowance, Carer’s Allowance and Universal Credit claimants who receive payments towards carer’s costs.

For more information about the benefit cap changes please visit the GovUK website

Housing benefit

District councils are responsible for administering housing benefit and council tax reduction schemes.

For more detailed information on these changes, and sources of support, please visit the relevant pages on your local district council websites or call their benefits team:

Support and information links

Benefits for carers

Information on the NHS website.

Oxfordshire Age UK

Telephone: 0844 887 0005

Carers UK

The voice of Carers –
Advice line: 0808 808 7777 (Wednesday and Thursday 10am-12pm and 2pm-4pm)

Citizens Advice Oxfordshire

The Citizens Advice service helps people resolve their legal, money and other problems by providing free, independent and confidential advice. Visit Citizens Advice Oxfordshire to find your local office.

Oxfordshire carers

Joint project between Oxfordshire County Council and Action for Carers to provide information and assessment forms.

Last reviewed
07 September 2016
PrintPrint Give us feedback on this pageFeedback form, opens in new window.
Access key details Skip to main content Home News Sitemap Search Website help Complaints Terms and conditions Website feedback