Water hydrants | Oxfordshire County Council

Water hydrants

How to report damaged, leaking or suspected illegal use of water hydrants.

If you suspect a hydrant is being used illegally, for example by builders or contractors, tell us who by and the location.

Telephone: Aquan water service 08443814909

Periodic test and inspection

Hydrants are inspected and tested at intervals to be determined by the Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service.

Water supplies 

Where it is considered necessary to conduct initial or periodic flow tests on hydrants we will liaise with the appropriate water authority: The authority will inform the public if the test will result in loss of water.

Last reviewed
08 December 2016

Related pages

No related pages listed
PrintPrint Give us feedback on this pageFeedback form, opens in new window.
Access key details Skip to main content Home News Sitemap Search Website help Complaints Terms and conditions Website feedback