How you can contact Trading Standards | Oxfordshire County Council

How you can contact Trading Standards

How you can get advice, report a problem trader or contact Trading Standards.

Advice on contractual rights and disputes and reporting problem traders

We work with the Citizens Advice National Consumer Service which employs trained advisers to help consumers and traders with pre-shopping guidance and advice on contractual disputes about the supply of goods and services.

National Consumer Service staff are also trained to take reports about problem traders and to make preliminary assessments of possible criminal behaviour by traders. Where they see a possible criminal problem they make sure all the information gets to the correct Trading Standards Service, wherever in the country that might be.

If you are a consumer and you call our telephone number your call will be automatically routed to the National Consumer Service. If you send us an email or a letter you will receive a reply which directs you to the National Consumer Service.

If you are a trader and you want advice on a dispute with another trader or to report a problem trader we will direct you to the National Consumer Service.

Alternatively, please use the number and consumer complaint form on this page.

Business compliance advice and licensing/registrations enquiries

If you are a trader and you want advice on making sure your own business complies with trading standards regulations, you can contact us, direct, by telephone, email or letter. We now make a charge for most business advice.

You can get general, free advice on many areas of trading standards regulation on our website.

If you are a trader and you have a query about a license or registration we oversee, you can contact us direct via the details on the right of this page or use the business advice form link on this page.

Visiting us

We are no longer able to give consumer advice to or take reports about problem traders from visitors to our office. You can, instead, contact the National Consumer Service.

Report a Heavy Goods Vehicle in breach of a Weight Restriction Order

You can report an HGV in breach of a weight restriction order in the County here.

Talks and education events

If you would like to ask us about providing a talk on trading standards to a local group or about an education event you can get in touch with us via the National Consumer Service.

Last reviewed
16 January 2017
PrintPrint Give us feedback on this pageFeedback form, opens in new window.
Access key details Skip to main content Home News Sitemap Search Website help Complaints Terms and conditions Website feedback