Buying your own care services | Oxfordshire County Council

Buying your own care services

How to get in touch with equipment and care providers if you wish to buy privately.

Needs assessment

If you pay for your care and support, you can still ask for an assessment of your care needs to help ensure that you purchase the care that is appropriate for you and do not pay more than you need to.

Equipment clinics

You can ask to be referred to an equipment clinic run by Oxfordshire County Council occupational therapists where you can be assessed. These clinics are run regularly across Oxfordshire.

An occupational therapist will advise you about options to meet your difficulties and, if you are eligible, may be able to provide you with suitable equipment.

If you would like to attend a clinic, contact us.

You will also be able to get advice, information about other organisations that may be able to help.

How can I get in touch with care providers directly?

We can provide you with contact numbers of contracted agencies who can provide personal and domestic help.

To request information on agencies you can complete this online general enquiry form or telephone Social and Health Care on 0345 050 7666.

Buying equipment privately

Find providers of equipment and adaptations near me.

Enter a postcode or place name:


Searching for a care home in Oxfordshire

Visit the finding a care home page to search for a care home vacancy.

Information about residential care

You'll find a range of care options in our latest publication The Guide: information for older people and their carers (pdf format, 2.5 MB)

Directory of reports on care services

Find independent reports and quality ratings on all your local care homes, home care and other registered services, plus address and contact details, to help you make the right choice.

Support with Confidence

Approved personal assistants help people who require social care and support. They are checked, trained and sign a code of conduct under Oxfordshire County Council's new Support with Confidence scheme. Find out how to become a personal assistant and how to find one.

Care options

Guide2care is a comprehensive information service for those providing care and those seeking information about the different care options available. Here you will find information on types of care available including sheltered housing, extra care housing, home care agencies, care homes and care homes with nursing.

Personal care and domestic help

Age UK has national and local information lines:

  • Contact the Age UK national information line on 0800 00 99 66 and ask for information and advice.
  • Contact Age UK Oxfordshire City and County: contact 01235 849400 and ask for information and advice. They also offer help and advice on benefits.

Frozen meals service

Wiltshire Farm Foods can be contacted directly on 01993 868810 or go to the company website.

Last reviewed
23 November 2016
PrintPrint Give us feedback on this pageFeedback form, opens in new window.
Access key details Skip to main content Home News Sitemap Search Website help Complaints Terms and conditions Website feedback