Oxfordshire is the most rural county in the south east.
It has a population of around 635,500 people.
Lots of people visit Oxfordshire to:
- view the beautiful countryside
- to visit the many market towns and
- to visit Oxford city.
More about Oxford
Oxford is especially famous worldwide for its:
- leading universities and
- wonderful buildings.
As well as this, Oxford is known for many other things such as its:
- book publishers
- poets and
Work and business in Oxfordshire
- has high levels of employment and
- people who work in Oxfordshire are among the most highly-qualified in the country.
Oxfordshire is also world class in business. This includes:
- motorsport engineering
- science and
- cryrogenics. This is the study of very low temperatures.